- Price Range
- High $100s - Low $300s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2004 - 2016
- Centex Homes, Del Webb
- 9 reviews
Southshore Falls Overview
Southshore Falls in Apollo Beach, Florida offers exquisite 55+ living in one of Tampa's most exciting neighborhoods just minutes from the beach, shopping, entertainment and more. This intimate 866-home community offers exquisite resale homes and villas at affordable prices. A community clubhouse, two lagoon-style pools, and many activities are just a sample of what Southshore Falls has to offer.
Southshore Falls is in a premier location nestled just steps from the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay. It offers the perfect blend of small-town feel with proximity to big city attractions. For buyers who cherish the Sun City Center location but prefer newer homes, world-class amenities, and a lifestyle tailored around socially active and fitness-minded individuals, look no further than Southshore Falls in Apollo Beach, Florida. This maintenance-free community provides a harmonious setting from the moment you drive through the gates. An abundance of colorful landscaping, ponds and walking trails adorn this 55+ community, making your new home feel like a world-class resort.
Southshore Falls Amenities
At the heart of this community is a state-of-the-art 14,000 square-foot Wellspring Club amenity center. It features a magnificent lagoon-style pool with beach entry and a resistance pool. Inside the clubhouse, residents enjoy a fitness center, Internet cafe, ballroom, card room and a billiards table. There are also tennis and bocce ball courts, which are popular with the residents.
Southshore Falls Homes & Real Estate
Residents here get to enjoy all the luxury and comfort of single-family and villa living, along with the ease and relaxation of a maintenance-free 55+ community. The single-family homes range in size from 1,730 to 2,544 square feet. Additionally, there are three models of attached duplexes that range from 1,363 to 1,650 square feet and two models of attached villas (arranged in quads) that are 1,448 and 1,602 square feet. Most homes feature two bedrooms plus a den, a two-car garage and screened lanais.
Centex started construction in 2004. In 2009, Del Webb/Pulte Homes purchased Centex and Southshore Falls will be completed under the popular Del Webb active adult brand. Del Webb invested over $1.5 million in upgrades to the community's amenities and continues to offer the popular floor plans that were available through Centex. Buyers can currently select from resale homes only.
Southshore Falls Lifestyle
The clubhouse provides the perfect place to gather and mingle with friends and neighbors, or simply relax in the warm Florida sunshine. From bridge and line dancing to poker and scrapbooking there are clubs and interest groups tailored around the preferences of nearly any active adult. The activities director is continually planning many exciting classes and events. Yoga classes, neighborhood barbecues or bus trips to the culture of Tampa are just a sample of what is available to the residents in Southshore Falls in Apollo Beach, FL.
The South Shore Tampa Bay area has quickly emerged as a perennial favorite among retirees. The region has grown rapidly in recent years but it still retains a small-town atmosphere. Southshore Falls is just minutes away from great shopping, gourmet and casual dining, premier golf courses, gorgeous beaches and top-notch medical facilities. Located near I-75, residents enjoy convenient access to the many attractions of Tampa and central Florida. Only 30 minutes from home there are countless museums, art galleries and professional sports venues.
Southshore Falls Amenities
- Wellspring Club - 14,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Catering Kitchen
- Card Room
- Internet Cafe
- Resistance Pool
- Lagoon-Style Pool with Beach Entry
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Putting Green
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
Southshore Falls Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Southshore Falls. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bike Club
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Mexican Dominoes
- Tea and Sympathy
- Painting Class
- Financial Seminars
- Discover Scuba
- Line Dancing
- Get Fit
- Walking Group
- Film Critics Corner
- Gin Rummy
- Gun Club
Bayside Villas Collection (Quads)
Price Range: High $100s - Low $200s
The Bayside Villas are attached ranch homes arranged in groups of four. The maintenance-free villas are ideal for snowbirds or full-time residents who want minimal maintenance on a modest budget. There are two models to choose from including the end-unit Cascadia/Sutton model or an interior Seagrove/Bristol model. There are 232 quad units in Southshore Falls. Note the Cascadia is the same as the Sutton and the Seagrove is the same as the Bristol. The difference in names is due to the fact that when Del Webb acquired the community from Centex they changed the names of the models but kept the floor plans the same. The first name listed before the slash is the current name of the Del Webb model and the name after the slash is the previous Centex version of the model.View Floorplans
Shore Villas Collection (Duplexes)
Price Range: High $100s - High $200s
The Shore Villas are maintenance-free ranch duplex homes. There are a total of 322 Shore Villa models in Southshore Falls, which are available in four different models that range from 1,363 to 1,650 square feet. The dual names for each model is due to the fact that when Del Webb acquired the community from Centex they changed the names of the models but kept the floor plans the same. The first name listed before the slash is the current name of the Del Webb model and the name after the slash is the previous Centex version of the model.View Floorplans
Harbours Collection (Single Family Homes)
Price Range: High $100s - Low $300s
The Harbours Collection offers a distinctive lineup of single-family homes that range from 1,730 to 2,278 square feet. There are 306 single-family homes in Southshore Falls. The dual names for each model is due to the fact that when Del Webb acquired the community from Centex they changed the names of the models but kept the floor plans the same. The first name listed before the slash is the current name of the Del Webb model and the name after the slash is the previous Centex version of the model.View Floorplans
Southshore Falls Reviews
- Blithe R.|May 28, 2019I bought my villa in 2014 and was finally able to retire here in September 2019. I could not be happier. The community is beautiful, the people are friendly, the staff members are great, the facilities- two pools, resistance pool, hot tub, gym, club house with ballroom, Internet cafe, library, billiards room etc are excellent, and there are so many groups and activities. We get a great deal for our HOA fees, which are quite reasonable. Moving here from New England by myself was a major decision, but from the day I moved in, I was surrounded by welcoming neighbors and have made some wonderful new friends. I feel l so fortunate. This is a great place to live.
- Tony S.|July 25, 2018We love the community
- Mara P.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 20, 2017Well maintained community, very safe, neighbors and staff are welcoming and friendly. Great entertainment in clubhouse. Great amenities and very quiet.
- Gene P.|December 23, 2016Great clubhouse and two pools! It's like living in your own little resort.
- Sam and Sandie (Resident/Homeowner)|August 31, 2014Have lived here for 1 year now and still love it. Met so many nice people, have a lot of great new friends. Love pickleball, volleyball (pool) parties, pub night, and classes. Not enough time to do it all. Best thing we ever did moving here.
- kathleen s.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 24, 2014From the moment I first drove through the gates of Southshore Falls I felt at home, The community is clean and quiet. The clubhouse and pools are well maintained and clean and all staff are warm and friendly. The home I choose was well built and the builder did a wonderful job on my home. It was walk in ready and have had no real issues with my home.
- Kate E Walkeru (Resident/Homeowner)|June 11, 2013You couldn't find nicer people in the state of Florida. There is Always something to do,whether it be Pickleball, lay around at the pool, play pool, work out or just go to the clubhouse to socialize. I wouldn't move back north if you paid me.
- Tom D.|April 10, 2013My wife and I just signed a contract. Around 8-10 months
until we get to move in. we picked Southshores because the people living there were so nice. So many things to do there. close to a lot of places we like. We looked at
a lot places in the last year, and decided this is where
we want to retire.
- Joseph G.|January 24, 2013very nice home,really like it. What are the HOA fees, what do you get for it.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Southshore Falls. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Southshore Falls has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.