- Price Range
- Low $200s - Mid $600s
- Home Types
- Single Family, Attached
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2005 - Present
- GL Homes
- 8 reviews
Valencia Lakes Overview
Valencia Lakes in Wimauma, Florida is a 55+ community adjacent to Sun City Center. Situated just 25 miles south of Tampa, Valencia Lakes has attracted adult buyers with state-of-the-art amenities, a very active lifestyle and luxurious new construction homes at reasonable prices.
For buyers who cherish the Sun City Center location but prefer newer homes, world-class amenities and a lifestyle tailored around socially active and fitness-minded individuals, look no further than Valencia Lakes in Wimauma, Florida. With a plan for approximately 1,540 homes, this 55+ community provides a tight-knit, small town feel in a gated setting where neighbors are close friends and residents know each other by name.
Valencia Lakes Amenities
At the heart of this 55+ community is the 40,000 square-foot clubhouse. The community clubhouse acts as the focal point and is home to the many world-class amenities and social activities. It includes a fitness center that showcases the latest high-end cardiovascular and weight training equipment. An aerobics studio offers yoga, pilates and dance classes. A grand ballroom with a raised stage hosts community parties, guest speakers and musical and theatrical performances. Several hobby and craft studios are ideal for ceramics and arts and crafts enthusiasts. There is also an Internet cafe, computer lab, billiards table and a card room in the clubhouse.
A large outdoor resort-style pool and resistance pool as well as a separate spa adorn the back patio of the clubhouse. There are six lighted Har-Tru tennis courts, four pickleball, bocce ball, and shuffleboard courts, as well as a half basketball court, softball field, and horseshoe pits. Scenic walking and biking trails wind through the community and there is a designated tot lot, dog park and community gardening area. For residents who own boats and RVs, there is a storage area for recreational vehicles.
Valencia Lakes Homes & Real Estate
Started in 2005, Valenica Lakes includes a grand lineup of single-family and twin villa models. The new construction homes by GL Homes include some of the latest features popular with active adult buyers. Spacious great rooms, gourmet kitchens, spa-like bathrooms, and ample outdoor living space are hallmark on many of the homes. Homebuyers can choose from both new construction and resale homes in this active adult community.
There are four twin villa models that range in size from 1,321 to 1,709 square feet. All villas include single-level living with two to three bedrooms, two baths and a two-car garage. There are also 18 single-family home models that range in size from 1,400 to 2,866 square feet. The single-family homes include two to four bedrooms, two or three baths, and two or three-car garages.
Valencia Lakes Lifestyle
Valencia Lakes puts an emphasis on active living. The community activities director is continually planning new and exciting events and activities that cater to the diverse preferences of the residents. There are over 50 social clubs and classes offering everything from tennis, golf and dance lessons to cards, stained glass and continuing education classes.
Valencia Lakes in Wimauma, Florida is located 25 miles south of Tampa. The community is conveniently located near I-75 making trips to surrounding attractions readily accessible. The region is renowned for its beautiful beaches, golf courses and entertainment. Tampa is home to many cultural venues ranging from art studios to museums.
There is plenty of great shopping and dining in the region and there are several professional sports teams that call the Tampa area home. Within several miles of the community there are many retail and dining outlets in Sun City Center. Most everyday shopping conveniences are within five minutes of Valenica Lakes and a new Walmart is just a mile down the road.
Valencia Lakes Amenities
- Clubhouse - 40,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Steam Rooms
- Locker Rooms
- Internet Cafe
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Grand Ballroom with Raised Stage
- Game Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Card Room
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Resistance Pool
- 6 Har-Tru Tennis Courts with Shade Pavilions
- 4 Pickleball Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- 2 Shuffleboard Courts
- 2 Horseshoe Pits
- Half Court Basketball
- Softball Field
- Tot Lot
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Dog Park
- Community Gardens
- RV & Boat Parking
Valencia Lakes Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Valencia Lakes. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Golf Clubs
- Trap & Skeet
- Mexican Train Dominos
- Trivial Pursuit
- Arts & Crafts
- Stained Glass
- Painting Classes
- 3-D Art
- Clay Sculpting
- Quilting Classes
- Line Dancing
- Jazz Club
- Fox Trot Lessons
- Cha-cha Dance
- Drama Club
- Book Club
- Creative Writer's
- Current Events
- Wine Tasting
- RV Travel
Regal Twin Villas Collection
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $300s
The Regal Twin Villas Collection offers floor plans which range from 1,321 to 1,857 square feet of living space. Models in this collection have at least two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These attached homes offer great low-maintenance living perfect for active adults. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $500s
The Signature Collection ranges from 1,597 to 2,175 square feet of living space. These models offer two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Many of the models offer a flex room that can be used as a den or an additional bedroom. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - High $500s
The Crown Collection offers four floor plans ranging in size from 1,791 to 2,409 square feet of living space. Models in this collection offer between two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Homeowners love the private master bathroom and walk-in closet. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - High $500s
The Royal Collection offers between 2,180 and 3,273 square feet of living space. Each home offers two to four bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms and an attached two or three-car garage. Many have flex rooms which can be a den or an additional bedroom. These models also provide great low-maintenance exteriors. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Valencia Lakes Reviews
- Nate |January 1, 2018After researching several active 55+ retirement communities in FL, GA, SC, and VA, wife and visited Valencia Lakes in May 2017 before heading to Greece for 3 months. Nancy (Sales) and George (Realtor) plus the Valencia Lakes residents and staff were supportive, friendly, informative and just wonderful. We stayed in a model Genova home and fell in love with everything. We sold one house in 2017 and listing another one in May 2018 to move to Valencia Lakes. It is more than a resort, it is a place where "active" retirees come to squeeze all of the life out of remaining life.
- Mara P.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 20, 2017Fabulous clubhouse with a variety of events for everyone. Gated community. Great fitness center. Numerous clubs. Most of all...friendly and helpful residents. Nearby theaters, sport events, museums and ongoing community activities.
- Todd W.|December 23, 2016Great active adult community. Entrance and main lake are beautiful. Upscale homes and the location to the beach and Tampa is ideal. Recommend!
- Betty & Charles (Resident/Homeowner)|June 4, 2015We looked at two other 55+ neighborhoods in the area and our Realtor George Hahn wanted us to look at one more place (Valencia Lakes). All it took was driving in through the Gate and seeing the beautiful landscape, lakes & ponds,Barrel Tile roofs and a feeling of "this is where we want to live"!
We purchased a Villa and are very happy. We have met so many wonderful residents and they all have the same to say "how much they love living at VL". We are almost full time and cannot wait until we are. So many activities and enrichment programs available. GL Homes has a wonderful reputation and all of their employees make sure it stays that way.
- Robert B.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 26, 2014I am a new resident at Valencia Lakes in Wimauma Fl. This community has
everything you would want in a over 55 community. The facilities
are over the top. The residents that we have met are mostly very friendly
and willing to share the experiences in the community and the area.
We are very happy with our decision to locate here.
- Wayne N.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 22, 2014A great building experience from start to finish. When we moved in we were greeted by neighbors and builders who were so friendly it made us feel home right away.
Moving in felt like the first day on vacation in a tropical resort. It is beautiful everywhere you look.
After two months we still feel like we are on a wonderful vacation!!
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 25, 2013Valencia Lakes has been wonderful! Everything is new and modern, the tennis courts are fantastic and the pool is beautiful. As the previous poster said all the amenities are very nice and there is always something going on. If you want to try something new you'll find it here. I tried line dancing and ceramics last year for the first time and have been having a great time! I also enjoy gardening, quilting, book club and painting.
My social calendar is always full and I like having something fun to look forward to every day whether it's just a feel-good exercise class, a lazy day at the pool or something bigger like casino night or a special volunteer opportunity. The sense of community here is wonderful!
- Glori (Resident/Homeowner)|April 16, 2013No regrets in moving to Valencia Lakes.
The neighbors are up beat and involved in life.
The community is wonderful and maintained always.
The clubhouse has everything, even a wonderful restaurant.
Areas outside of the community, there are many stores, shopping centers and medical facilities with 2 hospitals within range.
Enjoying my new home and community with no regrets of moving here.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Valencia Lakes. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Valencia Lakes has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.