- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Low $300s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2000 - 2007
- Cambridge Homes
- 10 reviews
Carillon Lakes Overview
Carillon Lakes in Crest Hill, Illinois is a 55+ active adult community that was built by Cambridge Homes after the completion of the nearby Carillon in Plainfield. Carillon Lakes is a smaller community than Carillon and features newer homes. Residents enjoy a wide range of amenities including a large clubhouse and a 3-hole golf course.
Carillon Lakes derives its name from the several small lakes at the center of the community that are surrounded by walking trails and parks. The community was started in 2000, so it still retains a new community feel, but it has matured enough to the point where there are already many established clubs, interest groups and organized activities. The final home was completed in 2007 but a variety of pre-owned resale homes in Carillon Lakes are available for sale.
Carillon Lakes Amenities
After entering the gates of Carillon Lakes, residents are greeted with a magnificent 18,000 square-foot clubhouse. This state-of-the-art facility includes an indoor pool and spa, exercise room and aerobics studio that offers dance classes as well as yoga, pilates and aerobics. A ballroom provides the perfect place for large parties, community dinners and other fun social activities. There are also card rooms, art and hobby studios, a library and computer lab in the clubhouse.
A large veranda wraps around the back patio of the Carillon Lakes clubhouse where a sundeck and outdoor pool overlook the lakes in the community. There are also tennis courts, bocce ball courts and horseshoe pits adjacent to the clubhouse. There are many walking and biking trails that surround the lakes and meander through the neighborhoods in Carillon Lakes. A second outdoor pool provides the ideal place for residents to take their grandchildren when they visit in the summer. Several parks dotted throughout the community provide relaxing gazebos and community gardening plots. There is also a small 3-hole, par-3 golf course in Carillon Lakes that is free for residents to use.
Carillon Lakes Homes & Real Estate
There are 1,113 homes at Carillon Lakes in Crest Hill, Illinois. Cambridge Homes constructed the community between 2000 and 2007. Homebuyers can select from a variety of resale single-family homes and townhomes in Carillon Lakes. There are two styles of townhomes that include quad and six-plex configurations available in seven different models. The townhomes range from 1,107 to 1,693 square feet. All townhomes include attached two-car garages. All of the quads were built on slabs but there are a limited number of six-plex townhomes built with basements.
There are eight single-family models offered at Carillon in Crest Hill. These models range from approximately 1,500 to over 2,300 square feet. All single-family homes include at least two bedrooms, two baths and a two-car garage although larger homes offer additional bedrooms, baths and a den. All homeowners in Carillon Lakes enjoy lawn care and snow removal provided by the association. Townhome owners also enjoy the added benefit of the association maintaining the exterior of their building as well.
Carillon Lakes Lifestyle
The clubhouse in Carillon Lakes is the center for all community social and fitness activities. Here residents come together to meet with friends and gather with neighbors. The clubhouse plays host to many events and activities such as dinners, performances and meetings. There are many exciting clubs and interest groups in Carillon Lakes. Card clubs, chorus groups, a book club, breakfast club and faith groups are just a sampling of some of the available community groups. An activities director plans many fun events and day trips to local destinations such as museums, theaters or trips to attractions in downtown Chicago.
Carillon Lakes is located near the intersection of Renwick Road and Weber Road, 37 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Residents can access I-55 by going north on Weber Road for 5 miles. In addition, popular cities such as Naperville are just 15 miles away. There are plenty of shopping and dining outlets near Carillon Lakes along Weber Road including a Super Target and Wal-Mart. Joliet is only seven miles away where residents can visit casinos, Chicagoland Speedway or the Rialto Square Theatre. When looking for a wonderful active adult community near Chicago, look no further than Carillon Lakes in Crest Hill.
Carillon Lakes Amenities
- Clubhouse - 18,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fireplace Lounge
- Meeting Rooms
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Card Room
- Table Tennis
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Locker Rooms
- Indoor Lap Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- 2nd Outdoor Pool (Child Friendly)
- 3-Hole Golf Course
- Putting Green
- Tennis Court
- Pickleball Courts
- 3 Bocce Ball Courts
- 2 Horseshoe Pits
- Fitness Trails
- Gardening Plots
- Picnic Area
- Playground for Grandkids
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
- Fishing Pier
- Walking & Biking Trails
Carillon Lakes Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Carillon Lakes. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Aqua Strength & Balance Class
- Carillon Lakes Ladies
- Friends of Italian Americans
- Hand Stitchers
- Hooked on Books
- Ladies Breakfast
- Ladies Chorus
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Breakfast
- Men's Chorus
- Men's Pinochle
- Men's Poker
- Morning Coffee
- Ping Pong
- Prayer Group
- Rubber Stamping & Scrapbooking
- Sew What
- Victory Gardens Gardening
- Why Weight (Nutrition club)
- Women's Pinochle
- Women's Poker
Bayside Series Townhomes
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $100s
The Bayside Series Townhomes are the most affordable option in Carillon Lakes. These homes are built in quad configurations with each unit occupying a corner of the building. All homes include at least one bedroom plus a den or two bedrooms. All Bayside series townhomes are built on a slab and there are no basement options. All exterior building maintenance plus lawn care, snow removal and landscaping is maintained by the association.View Floorplans
Getaway Series Townhomes
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
The Getaway Series Townhomes are perfect for homebuyers who want the maintenance free aspect of an attached home but prefer more space than what is offered in the Bayside Series. The Getaway series homes are arranged in 6-plex configurations arranged in a "U" shape. Each building contains two of each model. The Scottsdale models are on the end, the Lagunas are in the middle and the Carmels are in the back. Most units are built on a slab but there are a couple buildings that offer basements (in limited availability). All exterior building maintenance plus lawn care, snow removal and landscaping is maintained by the association.View Floorplans
Resort Series Homes
Price Range: Low $200s - High $200s
The Resort Series single-family homes are offered in eight floor plans. These thoughtful designs offer open layouts that include spacious family rooms, expansive kitchens, dining rooms and living rooms. Additional options at the time of construction such as sunrooms, extended family rooms and basements provide for even more space. The association maintains all lawncare, snow removal and landscaping but homeowners are responsible for maintaining the exterior of their homes.View Floorplans
Carillon Lakes Reviews
- Dom (Resident/Homeowner)|September 24, 2017Have lived here for two years. I really like the community and love the grandkids pool. My only complaint is the HOA has increased almost forty dollars the past two years. The townhouses will be paying over 300.00 a month starting January 2018.
- Sjm (Resident/Homeowner)|March 9, 2017We have lived at Carillon Lakes since 2014 and we absolutely love it. Grounds are well maintained, all facilities are impeccable, and the community itself is awesome. Come for a visit... you'll love it, too.
- Steve S.|January 10, 2017The clubhouse amenities are great, especially the indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center. It is also really nice to have a swimming pool just for the grandkids. We enjoy having organized activities and it's easy to meet people. We also like that the homes in Carillon Lakes are newer than many of the others in the area and often require less remodeling.
- Dan and Sharon (Resident/Homeowner)|January 12, 2016We are "newbies" to the community and couldn't be prouder to live here. Neighbors are very nice and the community is well maintained. So much to do! The clubhouse is great and just love the indoor and outdoor pools. Looking forward to spending a happy life in our house near the lake!
- Robert H.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 20, 2015The lawn service this year is so disorganized. They don't collect the grass and they don't do cutting in an organized manor. Its poor workmanship. Last year we had good service.
- Jack S.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 26, 2015I have lived here for over 4 years. In that time our HOA has increased over 20% with no additional benefits. The smaller units pay nearly $240 per month, while the large houses only pay $170. This makes no sense. Whoever is making these decisions should be trying to figure out ways to keep this down or to reduce it dramatically before it effects the resale ability of the current owners.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 15, 2013We have lived at Carillon for a few years and absolutely love it. There is always something to do every single day, if you want to be busy it is great! I take a couple exercise classes every week and have really seen a big difference in my health. Paul loves playing poker, doing Wii bowling and he's in the camera club too. The big Summer Bash is coming up soon which will be a really good time! It's nice to have so much to look forward to and the people here are very friendly.
- Paulette R.(Resident/Homeowner)|December 19, 2012Carillon Lakes is a great place to live. The people are all so friendly and there are a lot of activities and facilities available. The common areas are beautiful and well-maintained and I feel quite safe here with 24 hr. security. Townhome living is the best as all of the outside work is done for you. This is my second Cambridge home and friends tell me that Carillon Lakes looks like a country club .
- Esther H.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 21, 2012I am so thankful to live in such a wonderful community. The walking paths are well-lighted and make walking safe and pleasant with the beautiful lakes beside you. I think the clubhouse has many free activities that you would have to pay extra for if you lived anywhere else. Our maintainence fees are very reasonable for all the services we receive and I thank God every day that I am fortunate enough to live at Carillon Lakes.
- Jack S.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 9, 2012This is a nice place to retire, but it has many area's that need improvement. This is a 55+ area that is being run like a senior home. To much of our HOA dues is being used to fund unnecessary programs (club house and their activities)and too little on the common area (landscaping is fair, lawns need treatment and the lakes are a mess and during the winter the people doing snow removal are very poor and their response time is very slow). Repairs on the homes that is handled by the HOA is very slow to respond and often takes numerous calls and months to complete or not at all.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Carillon Lakes. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Carillon Lakes has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.