Category: Resources - Buying
- Heritage Towne Lake, an active adult community within the master-planned development of Towne Lake in Cypress, Texas, is offering its final homesites. Jaeger Homes built a select number of custom homes in the Harbor Cove neighborhood within Heritage at Town Lake and is in its final phase of construction.
- The newest members of the active adult community are in the process of moving into their new homes this month. The first phase of Del Webb Wilmington includes 141 homes. Six model homes were recently completed, one of which was the Castle Rock model that is a part of the Rachael Ray Home Collection.
- The path to buying your dream home in a 55+ community can seem tricky and complex. It’s also an expensive investment and if you don’t have all of the funds, it can be nearly impossible to buy your home. With the housing market changing, you should always stay on top of the latest interest rates and loan options available in your area if you’re looking to buy.
- Everyone loves a good deal or finding something at a bargain price. Finding a great deal on the home of your dreams is even better. But what if the price of your dream home doesn’t match with your pocketbook? Negotiating is crucial in order to get what you want without hurting your budget and future retirement plans.
- Homebuyers should have a general understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts before they start the process so they can avoid any mistakes that could cost them a heavy penny in the future. The more information homebuyers learn about real estate, the more peace of mind they will gain in the long run. Here are some common real estate terms that may be helpful on your next home buying adventure.
- Baby Boomers may not be rookies when it comes to house hunting because they probably bought their first home years ago. But just because they have experience in the homebuying process doesn’t mean they can’t make mistakes along the way too. House hunting during retirement may mean they need to look out for different things as opposed to when they were house hunting in their early 20s and 30s.
- For homebuyers on a tight budget, the fixer-upper has long been a great option. You buy a house in need of a little TLC, fix it up yourself, and save a bundle. But for retirees, the deal may not be quite as sweet. Here’s how to determine if buying that fixer-upper is really the best way to spend your retirement in an active adult community.
- Now that you've made the decision to move into an active adult community it's time to think about protecting your home and belongings. To protect one of your most important assets, you need the right homeowners insurance. Here are eight tips to help you through the process of deciding which plan is best for your situation.
- Whether you're buying or selling a home, there are important things to remember to bring to the closing table. As any active adult homeowner can tell you, buying or selling a home can be a daunting process. Even after the initial offer is made and accepted, there’s a lot to be done before both parties can officially close on a home sale. Both...