Active adults have no trouble finding resort-style living in the Sunshine State. Throughout Florida, communities offer impressive amenities and beautiful homes. Here are 20 popular Florida communities, taken from our list of the 100 Most Popular Active Adult Communities for 2014.
1. The Villages – The Villages, FL With over 56,000 homes, The Villages is one of the largest active adult communities in the world. This incredible development spans three counties and over 20,000 acres. It is a complete, self-sustaining town with retail centers, amenity complexes, and over 100 miles of golf cart legal streets and trails.
2. On Top of the World – Ocala, FL In the heart of Central Florida, On Top of the World supports active adults with world-class amenities and diverse neighborhoods. Residents can enjoy a state-of-the-art fitness center, hobby and game rooms, golf courses, sports courts, and much more.
3. Sun City Center – Sun City Center, FL Since 1961, Sun City Center has thrived as a popular destination for resort-style active adults on the Florida Gulf Coast. Today, homebuyers can choose from new construction and resale homes in a wide range of styles and price points. They can also enjoy multiple clubhouses with many luxurious amenities.
4. Oak Run – Ocala, FL Oak Run is a beautiful, 3,500-home community that appeals to active adults who want to live in a friendly, well-established neighborhood. In addition to its fabulous amenities, Oak Run features social clubs and special-interest groups that encourage residents to make new friends and pursue favorite pastimes.
5. Kings Point – Sun City Center, FL While Kings Point is a gated enclave within Sun City Center, it is not directly affiliated with the larger community. Kings Point has its own homeowners’ associations, clubhouses, and outdoor amenities. Yet residents also have access to the amenities in Sun City Center’s North and South Campuses.
6. Solivita – Kissimmee, FL With plans for about 5,900 homes, Solivita impresses with golf courses, sports courts, swimming pools, and amenity-rich clubhouses. Residents can pursue their own interests or get involved with social groups, parties, and community events.
7. Stone Creek – Ocala, FL Beautiful homes, world-class amenities and a scenic setting come together at Stone Creek. This impressive community features a social and recreational complex with 60,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor amenities, as well as the Elan Spa and Resort Pool, and the Stone Creek Golf Club.
8. Timber Pines – Spring Hill, FL Along the Gulf Coast in the Tampa Bay area, Timber Pines is a gated community which offers 63 holes of golf, two spacious activity centers, and a 570-seat performing arts center. Its affordable homes, built between 1982 and 1998, include both single-family homes and attached villas in a wide range of sizes and styles.
9. Spruce Creek Country Club – Summerfield, FL Active adults will find resort-style amenities and beautiful single-family homes at Spruce Creek Country Club. This 3,250-home community features a 36-hole golf course, state-of-the-art amenity centers and an impressive range of social clubs and special-interest groups.
10. Lely Resort – Naples, FL Spanning nearly 3,000 acres of scenic lakes and nature preserves, Lely Resort is open to all ages, yet has amenities that appeal to active adults. Highlights include two exclusive resident clubhouses, as well as two golf clubs: the private Classics Country Club and the public Flamingo & Mustang Club. Click any of the links below to see more of the most popular active lifestyle communities in Florida.